For accountability and just in case anyone’s interested, I thought I’d share my personal goals for 2021.
Of course, the pandemic has made things difficult but I think I have been reasonably conservative, so feel confident about being able to go for all of these by the end of the year.
- Pass my driving test. Not a whole lot to explain here, I want to get it done. The only real uncertainty is the whole virus situation; my first test has already been postponed for 5 months. But I have been driving consistently, so it shouldn’t be too much trouble.
- Speak French fluently. The pandemic actually benefited my progress massively with this one, as I’ve been able to make time almost every day to make steady progress. Hopefully this can continue.
- Move to Paris. Hence the language learning! It’s been an ambition of mine for a few years now, and there won’t be a better time than this year. The only question mark here is that the UK has just left the EU, so it might be rough getting a visa etc. We shall see.
- Get a Job as a Chef de Partie in a 2 or 3 Michelin star restaurant in Paris. I have been a chef in London for 4 years, and this has really been the dream for a lot of that time. France is the mecca for high-end restaurants, that’s how I see it anyway. To hit that level by the end of this year is definitely ambitious, but I’m going for it.
- Put £10000 in savings. I guess this one is self explanatory. I have to grow up a bit! Its quite conservative, but I can only imagine moving to Paris is financially gonna be an absolute p*ss take so I’ll definitely be satisfied to hit this target.
- 75 blog posts. Who knows if I can make this work, but I want to give the site a real chance. inch by inch.
That’s really it. Small steps people. See you in a year!